Limited period discount (₹̶ ̶2̶5̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ ₹ 15,000), register fast!
Registrations open for the next batch commencing 1st November, 2020
Competition Law has evolved immensely as a practice area over the past few years in various jurisdictions and several developing economies have also recently adopted competition law. Lately, several landmark decisions by competition authorities around the globe, particularly pertaining to digital markets, and recent amendments to competition law to cater to new age markets has sparked the interest in this area.
The course offered by CIRC on Competition law and policy is a 6 months certificate course that covers evolution and emergence of competition law in India as well as globally, other important business laws, economics concepts pertaining to competition law, substantive provisions of Competition Act 2002 in India, intellectual property and digital markets. It is designed by experts in the field of competition law and includes theoretical as well as analytical approach, with the help of case studies. It provides students a strong grip on the nuances of competition law and broadens their analytical capabilities. The reading material is accompanied by detailed video lectures by distinguished academicians and practitioners in the field. In addition to the reading material, the course shall also include fortnightly webinars and news updates for new developments in the field of Competition law. The course is useful for students and professional in legal and non-legal field alike.
What do you learn?
- Overview of competition regime in India and some mature jurisdictions
- Overview of other business laws in India
- Evolution and emergence of competition law in India
- Economic concepts pertaining to competition law
- Types of anti-competitive activities such as anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominance, anti-competitive mergers and acquisitions etc. with accompanying case studies
- Substantive provisions of Competition Act 2002
- Timelines and procedure to be followed during the investigation into anti-competitive activities by CCI
- Guidelines to be followed before approving a certain transactions
- Interface between competition law and IPRs
- Anti-competitive practices in new age markets
- Online reading material is provided that includes concepts and case studies
- Video lectures from experts
- Webinar for doubts clearing
- Competition news updates provided fortnightly
- Assignments and online examination for assessment
How do we select our trainers?
We select our trainers based on the area of expertise they are actively involved in. We ensure that each expert is allotted a topic suitably tailored to their proficiencies, for example a topic which is more theoretical in nature is better handled by an expert with a background in academics or research while a topic which examines the practical application of the law is better dealt with by a practising lawyer, economist, or a member of a competition authority. We ensure that the practitioners are mid-level to senior-level officials.
What is unique about this course?
- It is a comprehensive course on competition law that includes the overview, theoretical concepts, competition assessment tools, provisions of law as well as contemporary issues.
- It provides an overview of antitrust regime not just in India, but global experience, as well.
- It provides the economics concepts pertaining to competition law.
- The course material provides case studies to aid the concepts for a deeper understanding.
- It explores the nexus between competition law and digital markets as well as competition law and IPRs.
- The course material is supplemented with video lectures by industry experts.
- Webinars are conducted to address doubts and queries and discuss any new developments in the area.
- It provides quizzes at the end of each module for self-assessment.
Who should take this course?
- Students studying law, economics or business management
- Practicing lawyers and In-house counsels
- Corporate executives/entrepreneurs to keep their business compliant with competition law
- Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries
- Management personnel
- Academicians studying in the field of competition law
- Students/professionals desirous of working with competition authority
- Students interested in pursuing a career in competition law
- Any working professional desirous of gaining practical knowledge of competition law
- Competition authority
- Law firms
- Senior advocates
- Law colleges
- Economic consultancies in the field of competition
- Think tanks
- Independent practitioners
How do our students benefit?
The Competition Policy and Law course (CPL) has been designed by experts in the field of competition law, and consists of valuable theoretical as well as analytical approach, with the help of case studies. The course also covers the contemporary issues prevailing in competition law such as digital markets, intellectual property etc. For students that are aspiring to build a career in competition law, this course shall equip them with a much-needed insight into the working of competition law, which is often neglected in a law school curriculum. They shall also be familiarised with the economic concepts used in competition law, which is usually overlooked. Whether you wish to join the competition team of a prolific law firm, work with an independent practitioner, an in-house counsel or work with a competition authority itself, this course would help you in broadening your understanding and analytical capability for competition law matters.