This is a first of its kind three months online professional course on Energy Law and Policy. This course aims at providing a curriculum for inter-disciplinary professionals and students, having interest in gaining knowledge with reference to Indian Energy Sector, and its policy and regulatory framework. The programme has been prepared with an intention of creating dedicated professionals, well trained in legal framework and contractual requirements for energy sector companies. Students gain through acquiring knowledge on latest laws and judgments pertinent to the core energy sectors of India.
What do you learn?
- Critical aspects of energy sector laws and regulations that are prevalent in electricity sector, oil and gas, coal, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Reforms related to coal sector, power sector and renewable energy
- The evolution of energy sector along with relevant laws and regulations
- Impact of energy prices on economic development
- Need of energy law in India
- Key institutional arrangements and policy framework
- Inter relation between Economy, Energy and Environment
- Private sector participation in Indian energy sector
- Online reading materials with case studies
- Module specific quiz to test the understanding
- Online examination for assessment
- 24×7 access to contents
- Access to speak to our experts to clarify any doubts instantly
- Regular updates on law and regulations
- Reference to outside learning materials
What is unique about this course?
- It targets a very specific area that is law and regulation which is very essential but unfortunately less understood in the energy sector
- Comprehensively coverage of the entire energy sector value chain
- The dynamic nature of law and regulations with updates being covered and updated regularly
- The online training modules have been designed and developed for self-study and are tailored to provide a critical knowledge of energy sector issues.
- It is designed by taking inputs from academia and people having decades of practical exposure to the sector
- It is less theoretical and more practical in nature.
- Dedicated course coordinator for solving queries and concerns regularly
Who should take this course?
- Students studying energy economics, energy law and regulation and energy management
- Practicing professionals from energy sector
- Lawyers pursuing infrastructure and contract law
- Research and Management Professionals
- Energy Sector professionals
- Academicians having interest in the field of energy management, conservation of energy and renewable energy
- Students/professionals desirous of working with energy research and consulting domains
- Students interested in pursuing a career in energy sector
- Any working professional desirous of gaining practical knowledge of Energy law and policy
- Energy utilities like generation, transmission and distribution companies
- Energy and infrastructure Consulting Organizations
- Law firms
- Regulatory bodies
- Civil Society organizations
- Research think tanks
- Research organizations
- State and private distribution companies
- Energy trading companies and energy exchanges
- Banking and Finance sector
How do our students benefit?
Students benefit through acquiring knowledge and skill sets regarding energy sector laws and regulations. The detailed knowledge and knowhow of the policy and regulations will help you take the lead among your peers, shape and design the planning strategy of your company, advice clients on the repercussions of any change in law etc. This course will help students in furthering their research on the energy sector. It will also help lawyers to understand the sector and put forth their views before the concerned regulators or defending any cases in courts of law.