The enforcement of Competition Law and its pervasive presence across the sectors and business functions is creating a high demand for competition compliance. This has led CIRC to offer these course on Competition Policy & Law (CPL).
CPL course is specially designed for practitioners, working professionals and students of Law, Business Management, Economics, Chartered Accountancy (CA) and Company Secretaryship (CS), to acquire deep understanding and knowledge of competition law and related issues.
Outline of the Certificate Course on Competition Policy & Law
Module 1: Markets and Competition
Module 2: Evolution of Competition Law and Policy
Module 3: Substantive Provisions of Indian Competition Act
Module 4: Intellectual Property and New Age Markets
Intensive teaching methodology comprising webinars and video lectures from experts in the field is employed and sessions are designed in a way to facilitate maximum interaction between participants and resource persons. Maximum usage of real-life cases has been referred in the modules. In addition, participants will be given group exercise and assignments to apply the learned skills.
Weekly newsletters are sent to the participants to keep them abreast of the recent trends and developments in the field.
This Course on Competition Policy & Law are specially designed to equip participants with the knowledge required for:
• Application of economic tools and techniques in competition analysis
• Analytical skills to comprehend issues relating to business strategy and competition policy & law
• Understanding of substantive issues relating to competition laws of India and other jurisdictions.
• Understanding of emerging issues emanating from Intellectual Property Laws, Cross-borderissues, and their interface with competition laws.
CIRC Certificate Course on Competition Policy & Law
Applicant must have completed 10+2 from any recognized board.
Overseas candidates applying for either Certificate should have graduated from a recognized university. Regarding the recognition status of the foreign university, the student should produce the relevant document/declaration along with his application.
|Certificate in Competition Policy and Law||SIX MONTHS||INR 25,000 (for Indian Participants)
USD 500 (for Overseas Participants)
1.The Certificate Course in Competition Policy & Law (hereinafter “the course”) offered here is accredited to, managed and run by CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition (CIRC).
2. Admission of an applicant to the course shall be subject to the applicant fulfilling the eligibility norms as given on the website. Eligibility norms for Indian and foreign candidates may differ, and these norms are considered read and well understood by the applicant while applying for the course.
3. The application procedure laid down for the course should be followed by every applicant and there shall be no deviation unless approved.
4. Registrations for the course shall be announced twice every year and dates for such announcement will be as decided by CIRC from time to time. Admission deadlines to this course, after an announcement has been made, may be extended if required.
5. Examination process and course schedule has to be strictly adhered to by the students. CIRC would not permit any exceptions or deviations.
6.The fee structure for the course shall be available on the website of CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition. The fee structure for this course may differ for Indian and Foreign candidates and the same shall be subject to change from time to time. Fee for this course is to be paid by online payment mode or cheque drawn in favor of ‘CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition’ payable at Delhi. Applicants shall send the cheque by speed post to CIRC address before the deadline of the application.
7. After the confirmation of admission, the students will be given login ID and password to access the course online containing all the study material.
8.The course will be conducted online. The course content will contain online reading material and lecture videos. A couple of webinars will be organized for Q&A towards the end of the course, dates of which will be announced during the course.
9.Participants are supposed to qualify all the exams for the successful completion of the course (online examinations + assignments for each module). The online exam structure includes objective questions and written assignments which shall be conducted at fixed intervals and time.
10.The overall examination scheme of a module will include 60% weightage of the final online examination and 40% weightage of the online assignment. Online assignment may include essays, case studies, questions, group discussions etc.
|More than 75%||O (Outstanding)|
|< 40%||F (Fail)|
CUTS Institute for Regulation & Competition,
Second Floor, Flat No. 5, House No. 658, Khasra No. 258, Lane No. 4, Westend Marg, Saidulajab, New Delhi 110 030,
Speak with us: 011-46170236
Write to us: email@example.com
Register Now: https://elearn.circ.in/courses/competition-policy-and-law/